Incentives to Join

 Incentives to Join

To conclude our blog, here are some incentives to join the NGO. 


You will be able to directly impact kids and their education. As we said before, kids are the next generation of lawmakers and government officials who will have the heavy responsibility of changing millions of people’s personal lives. Educating them correctly and them having an open heart and mind is essential if we want to make change. 


You will also be able to learn about your own gender and sexual identity. Throughout the development of this NGO, we had the opportunity to reflect on who exactly we were. As mentioned in the survey results, half of the recipients had never thought about gender or sexual identity. Identity is who you are. It is what makes you special and unique. Being self aware of who you are not only makes your life better but also other peoples’ lives better. Even if you think you know who you are and what your identity is, it’s never a bad thing to re-reflect. 


Finally, you will have the opportunity to become more open minded about people who are different from you. In this day and age, we tend to live in a bubble and echo the opinions of close friends and family, never opening our eyes to new ideas and thoughts. This makes us ignorant and hard stuck to our own narrow mind. Some might argue that ignorance is bliss, but I would rather be throw away my bliss if it meant throwing away knowledge. The unique thing about humanity is that we can conserve our own differing opinions and thoughts. We can argue and discuss and defend our unique existence. What good does it do to simply be and never put that uniqueness to use? 



Here is a link to a presentation we made: https://docs.google.com/presentation/d/1snbzulAgjiV8XmmIi85qGA4CgFcCrjnayzlU7Bknm2o/edit?usp=sharing

Comments

  1. I really like how we will be able to learn about our own gender and sexual identity. I believe that understanding who you are is one of the most important goals in your life. I honestly do not know who I exactly am too since I have times or phases when I want to be extremely girly, and times when I just want to turn into a boy. I do not know if these thoughts directly relate to gender and sexual identity, but I feel like learning about this topic would help me understand what kind of person I exactly am and broaden my horizons on other people as well. I do think that gender is something we cannot categorize and is more of something that is on a spectrum. Yet humans like to label everything, so being educated the correct way is definitely the first step for me and other people into learning about ourselves and humanity in general.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think an important thing that comes out in this "Incentives to Join" statement is that one is never at the end of one's journey to discover one's self, including gender and sexual aspects of one's self. People sometimes discover at middle age, or even later, that what they always believed about who they were was either a lie or, at least, not the whole truth. So, an NGO that helps people learn more about themselves, at whatever stage they might be in, would definitely be welcome.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Goals of our NGO

Introduction

30 QUESTIONS